“Our most serious failure today is the inability to provide effective practical guidance as to how to live the life of Jesus.”
~ Dallas Willard
“A dead Christ I must do everything for; a living Christ does everything for me.”
~ Andrew Murray
In Galatians 2:20, Paul said, “It is not I who lives, but Christ lives in me.”
This is one of the most amazing truths in all the Bible, yet the question I’ve been exploring every since I’ve been a young believer is, “Christ lives in me. But how do I live by His life?”
I believe there is an answer to this question.
While I’m no expert on this subject (and I don’t believe there are any experts), over the last 30 years, I have sought an answer to this question.
And by God’s grace, I’ve discovered some life-changing insights on the journey — a journey that I’m still on. For the first time, I’m presenting those discoveries to a wider audience. And my hope is that you will benefit from them as much as I have.
As C.S. Lewis once wrote, “Christianity seems at first to be about morality, rules, guilt, and virtue, yet it leads you out of that, into something beyond.”
The “beyond” is Jesus Christ Himself and His indwelling life.
It is the difference between living by the Tree of Life vs. the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. That’s what this course is all about.
The Introduction to the course and the first session are FREE. They appear below under Sample the Course.
Are You Frustrated Trying to Live the Christian Life?
Many Christians know from experience how frustrating it can be trying to live the Christian life. In fact, it’s humanly impossible to live such a life.
The secret to living the Christian life can be juiced down to one statement: Not I but Christ. But how?
What are the practical handles that enable us to live by Christ?
What is the switch that allows Him to live His life through us?
This image is for display purposes only – the entire course is online
Biblical, Practical, Experiential
This course blends sound Scriptural teaching with practical exercises that have come out of real-life experience.
What Does the Course Cover?
The course is made up of 10 audio messages containing almost 9 hours of in-depth instruction.
Overview: Personal welcome and course overview. 15 minutes.
Message 1: Introduction to living by the Lord’s indwelling life in the Gospel of John. A look at how Jesus lived by His Father’s indwelling life. 57 minutes.
Message 2: Regeneration, the consciousness of divine life, and the five spiritual senses. Practical instruction on all of these themes. 45 minutes.
Message 3: The nature of divine life in Galatians. Underscores what Galatians teaches us about how to live by Christ practically today. 51 minutes.
Message 4: The fruit of the Spirit vs. the works of the flesh. The nature of divine life in 1 Thessalonians and 1 Corinthians. Underscores what 1 Thessalonians and 1 Corinthians teach us about how to live by Christ practically today. 69 minutes.
Message 5: The nature of divine life in 2 Corinthians. Underscores what 2 Corinthians teaches us about how to live by Christ practically today. 63 minutes.
Message 6: The nature of divine life in Romans. Underscores what Romans teaches us about how to live by Christ practically today. 61 minutes.
Message 7: The nature of divine life in Colossians and Ephesians. Underscores what Colossians and Ephesians teach us about how to live by Christ practically today. 73 minutes.
Message 8: The nature of divine life in Philippians. Underscores what Philippians teaches us about how to live by Christ practically today. 49 minutes.
Message 9: Concluding thoughts in the Gospel of John. A re-look at the way Jesus lived the Christian life and how this applies to us today. 42 minutes.
You have access to the entire course at all times. So you can go through the messages at your own pace any time you wish.
A Premium Course for a Low Fee
Those of you who know Frank’s work are aware that he loves to give away valuable resources. For example:
* You can access his hundreds of podcast episodes on his 3 different podcasts.
* You can read his over 1,000 articles.
* You can get his book Rethinking the Will of God (Revised) for free.
* You can get his Next Reformation Seminar for free.
* You can get his book Discipleship in Crisis for free.
Frank’s discipleship course is not free, however. There is a one-time charge because it required money and many hours of labor over several years to create. Yet the price for the course is far lower than any other online course of the same quality — including online seminary courses.
Most online seminary courses range from $300 to $600 per hour.
Obviously, there is no accreditation with this course. However, many of our over 2,000 students who have taken the course have said the material is more valuable than what they learned in seminary.
The Living by the Indwelling Life of Christ course comes in two editions:
The course includes the following:
* The 10 audio messages containing almost 9 hours of in-depth teaching.
* The digital workbook containing text, supplemental resources, and action plans.
* A special access page to interact with Frank about the content once you finish the course.
* Frank’s digital book When the Pages Are Blank: How to Bring the Bible Back to Life as a free supplement.
* You have access to the entire course at all times and can work through it at your own pace.
Sample the Course – Two Free Sessions!
* Listen to the first message of the course for FREE.
* Listen to the Introduction to the course for FREE. It’s called Rethinking Discipleship. The course makes this conference message practical.
The Missing Ingredient
The following testimonials are from some of the 2,000+ people who have taken the course.
Pain, Problems & Struggles Solved Through the Discipleship Course
* For years, I struggled with being a “good Christian.” After having a bachelors and masters degree in theology, this course is what opened my eyes to the revelation and understanding of an indwelling Lord and how to live by Him practically.
* I’d heard and read about the Christ-life, but I didn’t know how it worked in a practical way. This course helped me get in touch with the spiritual instincts given to me in Christ. I have since been getting off the performance treadmill and learning to rest in the love of Christ who has already done everything. I am enjoying communion with Him like never before.
* I’ve battled doubts in myself and a disconnect of faith, even as I’ve ministered to others. This course helped better define the role of Jesus Christ, bringing a reconnection of faith to my life. This reconnection is also helping me to overcome some of the doubts that I have been experiencing.
* I struggled with identifying the will of God for certain life choices. I was continually looking for miraculous signs or coincidences to determine what God’s will was for me. The course taught me that because the Holy Spirit indwells me, He works directly on and through my inner thoughts.
* I used to rely on my own strength to obey God and please Him. But my efforts were continually frustrated. This course showed me how to turn to Christ, who is in me, and draw on His strength. I learned what it means to say, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strengthens.” Two weaknesses that I am learning to overcome are a propensity for lust, and a loss of temper. I am finding that both can be easily overcome when I turn to the Lord and live by His strength.
* I was always trying to be good enough for God and constantly felt like a failure. This course taught me practical ways to let Christ live through me. He is the only One who can live the Christian life. Now I have peace in my walk with the Lord.
* I needed practical ways to stay connected to Jesus and experience His Presence. This course gave me that.
* For the first time in my life, I felt like my head and heart were connected, and I was able to experience the Lord’s presence and life.
* For years I struggled to understand what it was like to abide in Jesus on a daily basis. This course gave me very practical handles for making that connection.
* I had read about living in union with Christ. And I wanted to. It sounds so easy, but I couldn’t seem to do it. I couldn’t comprehend what it looked like in today’s world as I battled the distractions of everyday life. This course not only offered the insights I needed to better understand what it means to be “in Christ,” but it also gave me simple, practical ways to connect with Jesus throughout the day and begin to more fully receive the real life I’ve been offered. It’s a course I revisit often, hungry to go deeper with Jesus each time.
* I’ve been forever searching for more truth, deeper wisdom, and some hidden gem that would help me with the problems of my life. But everything changed through this course. Through it, I saw that I needed more than just truth, and it showed me how to access the power of God to lift me, giving me a higher strength and energy to deal with the problems of my life.
* I haven’t had a framework to understand how I could be 20 years into the faith, knowing as much as I do, praying and worshipping with the best, and yet I continually felt DRAINED and EMPTY of life and power to live well. But through the course, I discovered how to to access the life and power of God in me like a button or lever, where before it was a mysterious thing that I could never really grasp.
* For so many years I’ve struggled with the “Us-focused,” “You-Can-Do-It” message of the Christian life that have hindered and halted so many of us, including me. This course sets the record straight and brings the focus back to the only workable formula: Christ, He’s The Way, The Truth, The Life, and shows us exactly how.
* I was continually comparing myself to other Christians and feeling despaired that I was not loving people enough and not experiencing the joy I should have been feeling. This course opened my eyes to the truth, and set me free to focus on loving Jesus.
* The most amazing change for me that this course offered was to help me really believe and act on the fact that I have a new nature. It was life changing!
* The exhaustion of “trying” has been replaced with the joy and power of “trusting” Christ as He lives through me. The course taught me how to apply this important quote: “You can’t. He never said you could. He can. He always said He would.”
* I was raised to be strong and independent, so it runs against my natural grain to be dependent on anyone, even God. Yet this course helped me trust the Holy Spirit’s guidance, promptings, and personal care for me in my own everyday life.
* I struggled with finding ways to express my faith without it feeling forced or manufactured, even programmatic! This course gave me practical “take aways” that helped me develop a more dynamic and genuine relationship with Christ.
* This course clarified the truth of living from Christ in me to a greater degree so that I could share Him more simply and clearly with others. The practical suggestions to encounter my Lord devotionally also helped tremendously.
* I struggled with trying to be a “good Christian” and failed. The course taught me that I was not created to be a “good Christian,” rather I was created to live in Christ, by Christ, and for Christ.
* I struggled with how to live “the victorious Christian life,” and this course pointed me to a different direction as it showed me that we are to live a life that has already been imparted in us rather than trying hard to imitate Someone by our own effort.
* I tend to work hard as a Christian but still land on my face in failure. This course realigned me to understand that I need to live by Him who indwells me (not an outside power source). It has changed my life where now I restfully work even when I am busy.
* I’ve lived my Christian life as a “doer,” always laboring to do things for God in order to be closer to Jesus. This course taught me that it is not what I do, but it is Jesus indwelling in me that makes all the difference.
* The course freed me from the games and chains of religion.
* I had no idea that I was living my whole Christian life from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil rather than from the Tree of Life. This liberated me into a whole new dimension of life and freedom.
* Ever since I can remember, I’ve thought negatively about myself and struggled with self-esteem. This course changed all of that for me.
* I’ve never really understood how to distinguish my thoughts from the Holy Spirit’s voice. This course opened up a new understanding for me in this area, and now I recognize those impulses and impressions I sometimes get to be the Lord rather than me.
* For years I’ve been searching for the victorious Christian life only to go from one defeat to another. This course finally changed that.
* I wanted to know how not to despair during trials. The course showed me how.
* I wanted Jesus to be more real to me. This course did that for me.
* I needed Jesus to guide me and give me peace of mind and strength to cope. That’s what I discovered in the course.
* I wanted to know Jesus better, and this course was the right fit for that.
* I wanted an intimate experience with Jesus, and this course showed me exactly how to have it.
* I wanted more out of my Christian life. I found the course to be eye-opening, enlightening, uplifting, inspiring, deeply challenging, and full of “aha” moments. So liberating!
* I wanted a cure for my lukewarmness, a wake-up call, a jump start to my Christian life, and this course did all those things for me.
* I needed to love Jesus more and this course explained God’s love in a whole new way.
* I needed more reality in my relationship with the Lord, and this course brought me to it.
* My heart needed a jolt of faith. I was looking for more purpose, more focus. I wanted my fires to be stoked and this course helped me in all those areas more than I expected.
* I wanted to be radical for the Lord, and the sessions in the course set the fuse.
* I’ve been disillusioned with the self centered, self serving American Christianity. This course lifted me out of that concern and into a new arena of spiritual life.
Order Now Before Registration Closes Again
You have the course for life and can go through it at your own pace
If you use choose the online version, check the email you used to make the payment! You will receive an email with the license in it. Download the license after you make payment or the download link will expire. The license is in PDF format, which some smart phones have no way to open. So you may need a computer or tablet to open the PDF license.
(If you have trouble downloading it for some reason, just email us at frank @ frankviola.com (no spaces) and we’ll send it to you via email. So no worries.)
We no longer have the physical edition. The entire course is online. You take it at your own pace and you have it for life. And you can access it from ANY computer, tablet, smart phone or device. You can also download it to your computer or tablet.